515 Amigo Lane
Freeport, TX 77541
The beauty of Christmas Bay has inspired photographers from the amateur to the professional for decades to capture its tranquil atmosphere, pristine allure, and the variety of its wildlife. Nature photography has displayed the environmental importance of the Bay, environmentalists have documented threats to it, and sportsmen have chronicled the pleasures of the Bay from fishing, to kayaking, to birding. Pursuing the mission of the CBF to increase public awareness of Christmas Bay, we are holding an Instagram photo contest to encourage the public to show their best work – and best catches! – to help spread the word about this wonderful, valuable, but vulnerable treasure of the Texas coast.
Christmas Bay Foundation Instagram Contest
Dates: Ongoing – Monthly, Seasonal, and Annual Winners. A winner will be announced each month. Each season a winner from the monthly winners during that season will be named Seasonal Winner, and from the Seasonal Winners, and Annual Winner will be chosen. The winning image will be featured with a credit for the photographer on the Christmas Bay Foundation Home Page during the winning period, and featured in a slideshow on the Photos Page.
- Eligible locations: All images must be taken at a location anywhere from San Luis Pass (northern boundary) to Surfside beach (southern boundary). Geotagging is preferred..
- Subjects: Images should focus on one of the following themes, reflecting the beauty and importance of Christmas Bay:
- Dramatic Lighting
- Hashtag: Photo must be uploaded to Instagram and hashtagged with #christmasbaycontest as well as the category in which it is being entered
- Following: Participants must “follow” the ChristmasBayFoundation instragram account, and “like” the Christmas Bay Foundation Facebook page: facebook.com/christmasbayfoundation
- Sharing: Photos must be shared on participants’ Facebook and other social media pages, and on the Christmas Bay Foundation Facebook page.
Judging: Winners will be chosen monthly, seasonally, and annually, based on the number of “likes” the image receives.